Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Where The Party Never Ends...

I have seen these accordion file holders using #10 envelopes and then cutting them in half and inserting them in between the folds of the accordion pleat on SCS and have wanted to try one, but just never got around to it. I have a co-worker whose house is completely done in Mickey Mouse. She says her whole family are crazy about Disney (like me and my DH) and she and her husband love Mickey. They just recently got back from vacation at Disneyland and I thought I would make this up and send it to her for to put memories in and as a thank you for helping me with the big bookkeeping mess we had at work. I think the hardest part was making the accordion part of the box. You know the saying "three times is a charm" well it was in my case! I either had one to wide or one to short and it sat lopsided. I eventually got it measuered correctly and assembled it the way it was suppose to look evenly LOL! All the paper is by Disney and of course the large Mickey sticker and sentiment is as well. I added stickles to the white dots and stars to give it a little bit of extra sparkle and then used versamark on the yellow to give the indication of confetti and fireworks happening. I thought for sure I was going to break my SU Word Window Punch when I was trying to go through three layers of chipboard to place the tab in, but it punched through okay. I am planning on altering a couple more items for her before this is sent and I hope she will like it. These would be a neat little gift to make for anyone or for any occasion or a cute birthday party favor. I know there is endless possibilities. Thanks for taking the time to look.

17 comments:

Crystal said...

OOO this is sooo awesome, love your mickey mouse creation!! What a GREAT card design too!

Jenn Embry said...

This is just super cute and adorable. I love it!

gale said...

That's so cute. I bet your friend will love it!!

xiumaiyuki said...

That is so darn adorable!!!! Count me in as another fan of Disney!!!!

Kathy said...

Fun project, I love Disney, too. Your friend will love filling this with memorabilia from her trip.

JazzyH said...

Fun project. Great job!

paige said...

Fantastic! What a great project!

CathyRose said...

What a wonderful project! She is going totally love it!

Louise F NZ said...

This is just fabulous and I totally sure it will be a hit with your friend and her husband.

Cindy said...

I just love this!! I may have to try it myself someday!!

Deb S. said...

What an awesome project! Looks great with Mickey!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable!! Super cute. I lovce the mickey image.

Abi Bundy said...

this is s cute! tfs!

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW this is adorable!! I love the colors...they are true to Mickey! What a neat idea!

Naomi said...

Very cool! I love Mickey Mouse!

Kathi said...

What a super cute project! I know your friend will absolutely love it and enjoy filling it with many happy memories!

Karli said...

I love your take on these! Gotta love Mickey, right?