Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Let Heaven and Nature Sing

I thought I would begin showing the ornaments I have been working on. This one was a little more trickier, but I feel it really turned out rather well. I think this one will be a favorite of some especially ones who have bird feeders and the love of nature near and around their homes. I wish we could see a red cardinal here in California, but I believe they are birds of the East coast. I wasn't really sure how I was going to color or even embellish it, but knew it needed to be minor as to not take away from the image itself. After I colored it, I kept thinking it needed the snowy-icy effect hanging off the eaves of the bird house and remembered that the PTI set Border & Beams Accessories had that icicle edge. I stamped it in white and then added the stickles to give it the effect of ice hanging off the eaves. I used the small red rhinestones to accentuate the berries on the holly and just lightly glazed the leaves with stickles as well. The side of the ornament has red satin ribbon encircling it to give it a finished look. Supplies: Stamps-JustRite & PTI; Ink: Stazon, Chalk, Sharpies; Embellishments: Offray satin ribbon, Westrim rhinestones and Stickles. Thanks for taking the time to look.

17 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW what a beautiful ornament Deb!!

Dawn B. said...

Deb this is drop dead gorgeous. You really should submit these for publication. They are very nice. I love it.. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

This is my favorite ornament, so far. Love the icicle edge on the roof. And the rhinestone berries, this is totally fabulous!

paige said...

Oh! This is so beautiful! I love the extra sparkle you added to this lovely image!

gale said...

Oh wow that is so gorgeous!!

Cassie_lu said...

another WOW as this is a beautiful ornament and one I think belongs ina store. Wonderful job.

Deneen said...

What beautiful projects. The ornament is wonderful. What a beautiful job you did.

PS- I to have Fibro and it isn't always easy to deal with.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is outstanding- I love the stamp and the sentiment. I wish I could come to your sale- I LOVE this one- I want each one I see...I would have an awful time picking if I got to see them in person!

Jenn Embry said...

Oh my gosh this is beautiful! You wouldn't by chance sell it would you? Seriously my grandmother loves birds, especially cardinals. She gets them in her backyard all the time (she's in Missouri near St. Louis).

Vicki said...

Oh Deb! You never cease to amaze me and always inspire me! Blessings to you!

CathyRose said...

Very professional looking, just beautifully done!

Karli said...

Wow! STUNNING! My grandma would go crazy over it- she loves birds :) beautiful job! Are you going to sell these ornaments or are they gifts?

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful ornament. Love it.

CarlaKH said...

simply stunning.

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my goodness...this is beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous ornaments!

Naomi said...

Ok, this could be one of my favorites (although I am partial to your earlier snowmen ones, too). Red Cardinals are here in NC, I love seeing them! This is wonderful.