Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Spirit of Joy

This is the second card I made for the Papertrey Swap. Again I had forgotten I had this set and remembered it was one of my favorites. Why is it we forget what we have in our stamps? Could it be we just have to have it, can't live without it and then it stay stashed in a drawer until we realize..oh yea, I have that set LOL!!! I used three different colors of blues to make the snowflakes stand out and then of course had to add Stickles to make them look sparkly and light. I remembered I had the Stardream Paper (which you really can't see in the picture) which is sparkly as well. I added the scalloped nesties as the double layering for matting behind the saying. Thanks for taking the time to look.
Supplies: Stamps-PTI Snowflake Serenade; Cardstock-Stardream Midnight Blue, Basic Gray Silver and SU Whisper White; Ink-Stazon Midnight Navy, Encore Ultimate Metallic Blue and Encore Silver. Stickles-Icicle and Rhinestones. Ribbon-Offray 1" Blue Sheer.

18 comments:

gale said...

Wow that's gorgeous! I love the layered scallop shapes.

Crystal said...

Deborah this is GORGEOUS!!!! LOVE all the snowflakes!

paige said...

Beautiful card and sentiment!

Dawn B. said...

This is so elegant and pretty. I really like the bling you added to the corners. Super colors. TFS

CathyRose said...

That is such a lovely card. I love the delicate snowflakes. The dark ink contrasts beautifully and makes them pop.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is so pretty- that sentiment is beautiful! Very elegant! TFS

Kathy said...

Love this color combo for a Christmas card. So elegant, love it.

Naomi said...

Amazing! This is gorgeous. And don't feel bad, I have sets I HAD TO HAVE that are still uninked!

Louise F NZ said...

This is really lovely... so elegant.

Mary G. said...

Beautiful! Makes me long for a few snowflakes to fall!

Kathi said...

Gorgeous card! That main panel with the sentiment really pops with the silver and dark blue against the white!

Tlbran said...

This is gorgeous! I love the different shades of blue you used and that is such a beautiful stamp set! Love the layers and all the bling you added.

Karli said...

In a word- beautiful!

Vicki said...

Stunning card Deb! Such rich color and love the layout

The Mama Monkey said...

OMW I love the layers and how the colors contrast and compliment each other so much!!

Banu said...

Stunning card. Loved all the snowflakes and the sentiment is just beautiful.

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Gorgeous card Deborah!! The snowflake background is just beautiful. Nice work :)

Jenn Embry said...

Simply stunning. I love the quote. I can see why you just had to have it. :)