Saturday, January 24, 2009

Address Book

This was one of the items I made as a prize for my sisters surprise 40th birthday party. In trying to locate inexpensive items for prizes I came across this address book at Michael's. I took the book completely apart (it was pretty ugly in the colors it was in..LOL!!) and revamped the whole thing. I decided to punch holes in the side instead and tied ribbons to hold it together. I covered the front and back hard cover with some scrap paper I had and then added a set of 6 colored envelopes inside it for receipts, notes, stamps and so forth. I then used stickles to glitz it up. The lady that won it was so excited and said she was going to go buy a new one the next day because hers had just fallen apart. She loved all the envelopes to hold all the goodies.

Stamps: SU Happy Harmony

Paper: N/A it was a scrap

Ink: SU White Craft Ink and then embossed with clear ep

Ribbons: Various colors by Offray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty address book. Such a lovely present anyone would be proud to receive!