Sunday, June 26, 2011

Great Weekend!!!!

Hello all. Hope you gals had a wonderful weekend. Mine was just fabulous! It was my birthday and the weekend was wonderful. Prelude to my birthday on Saturday, my hubby had arranged for about 6 friends to come over and hang out with me while he went shopping on Friday. Had a couple bottles of wine, laughed, talked about our grandchildren and our children, past marriages and just girly stuff. I was asked how my sweet daughter Vanessa met her precious husband Adam and I told them the story and how at the reception, he got the zipper stucked in her dress while trying to help get her out of the hot dress (it was 108 degrees that September day 13 years ago) and I had to go in and help him get it unstucked so they could get dressed and join the party. I'm not sure who laughed more, me or the gals, but it was a fun time to reminisce. I think our little get together lasted until 1:00 A.M.! Saturday, my daughter came to spend the day and night with me which was perfect! We had breakfast, went and shopped and then came back and proceeded to spend the rest of the day and evening in my craftroom making cards, sharing thoughts and had a fabulous dinner that hubby barbequed for us. Sunday was our granddaughter Autumn's first birthday. We went over there to celebrate hers and my DIL had made me a cake with Tinkerbell on it in chocolate..yummy, only had a small sliver but it was the thoughtfulness that counted. Left there around 5 and here I sit sharing all that took place with my fellow bloggers. Hope your weekend will continue to be great!!!! Birthdays are a sign of gaining another year of wisdom and knowledge and you are truly only as old as you feel....I feel like I am 35 again! Yippee!!!!!!!

No comments: