Sunday, April 17, 2011

Another batch to send off to OWH

Well, I have finally made another batch of cards to send off to OWH to go with the other ones I have waiting in a box. Its really hard for me to not to be able to really deck them out with embellies and lots of bling, but rules must be followed and I know that the family members who receive these cards along with the thousands of others submitted won't care that they aren't all blinged out over embellished. But was told by Sandy that if using stickles that the glittered part must be covered with glossy accents to ensure that the glitter is definitely adhered to and won't come off. A major safety precaution since the smallest speck of light can be seen by night vision goggles by the enemy. So its understandable why this a major rule. Its a great satisfaction to myself, knowing that I am helping bring some cheer to the military families. We are getting ready to gear up for a makings of Father's Day cards. So if you haven't hopped on board, what are you waiting for? I have found that if I take a week and just color images first, then select the coordinating papers it seems to move a lot faster instead of coloring one image, assembling it and starting it over again with another. I know that there are many who have done a processing line, color, cuts, assemble, package, but I can't seem to get in that mode. LOL!!! Everyone has a way of doing things and no matter how it is done, as long as it gets to the military guys/women thats all that matters. Anyway one last card to show you and I'm off to start another round, plan on getting the 50 plus cards I have off this week. I know it will be crazy as Easter is upon us and the mail will be extra heavy. Aagin I can't state enough, come help a worthy cause and support our military. Their families will thank you for the cards they have received from their loved ones who are in the field. Have a great day and will be back soon with another batch to share with you.

No comments: