Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ahhh! The Beauty Of A Rose!

The roses in our yard seem to be blooming left and right as the weather has become sunny and the plants are feeling the warmth of the rays as to say "Come out and blossom for all the world to see". This rose is one that we brought with us when we moved 4 years ago. I just couldn't bear to leave it as it had been a Mother's Day gift to me from my sweet kids. This poor rose went through a frost this past winter and I really thought we had lost it, but DH had called me at work to say there was a new sprout forming on the one side. I anxiously awaited for it to make it's final appearance and it is so beautiful. This was taken yesterday morning which has several water droplets on it due from the rain we received the night before. I am sure all the plants were enjoying the fresh rain that will water their roots to keep them strong and sturdy in the spring and summer months to come. This rose is called "Pink Patience" believe it or not even though the petals are some what more white with a yellow center. I am anxious for May to come as that is when they have the annual Rose Festival up north and we will be able to purchase rose bushes from Jackson and Perkins. I am really hoping to find the Candy Cane Rose and the Intuition Rose plants. Hope you are having a wonderful day and may God bless you the rest of the week.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutley beautiful!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! Love how you matted the photo!

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! Jealous that you have a green thumb AND you take beautiful pictures! TFS:)

xiumaiyuki said...

This is stunning! and it came from your garden? even more stunning!!! Love the use of that punch...so fitting! I'm so jealous of your green thumb and the photography skill!

Dawn B. said...

Deb this is incredible. How sweet that you brought it with you. Those are always special gifts. It must be a unique gift to survive a move and a frost. Just like a mother's love. We endure all. TFS

JazzyH said...

I love the rose. Great job

Anonymous said...

I think the rain droplets add great interest to the photo. Anotehr great team effort here!